The 5 Things Customers Actually Want

Targeted phone number list from worldwide.
Jannat12

The 5 Things Customers Actually Want

Post by Jannat12 »

The 5 Things Customers Actually Want My 8 year-old daughter came to me recently with an urgent request … “Dad,” she said, “I need an iPad mini.” While I would usually dismiss this request as the cravings of a child who watches too much TV (see: is exposed to too much advertising), my interest was piqued and I asked her to explain.

She made a case Phone Number List for the myriad educational applications available to her on this magical device. She argued for the convenience that would allow her to learn at all times of the day, and at different locations. But it was her closing argument that tipped my decision in her favor. “Dad,” she coyly stated, “don’t you want me to be a good student?” It was through this — albeit expensive — exercise, that I started to wonder, how is it that an 8 year-old had mastered the art of persuasion, when so many professional marketers fail? The answer, it turns out, is that she’d already figured out what people (in other words me) actually want to buy. Need versus want Back in college, my marketing professor walked us through Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs.

The professor’s point was that the role of marketing was to fulfill these needs. There’s no question that humans need things like water, food, security, and friends. But the choices that we make are often driven more by what we want than by true unmet needs. Put another way, most of us have everything that we need to live. But what we want is a much more powerful motivation. And, in my estimation, what we want boils down to just five basic things …